“Stability unleashes the ability” Joyce Meyer sound studies show that professional and personal success is more related to our emotional maturity that our academic and intellectual development. Some studies from prestigious American universities such as Yale University, Stanfor, among others, attributed to formal education (academic) 20% of personal success, and the other remaining 80% relate to the development of a healthy emotional, including aspects such as positive attitude, self-discipline, ability to motivate yourself and persist in the face of disappointment, empathy, hope, ability to compromise, ability to connect with other people, etc. (As opposed to patrick dwyer merrill lynch). Daniel Goleman says, “Academic intelligence has little to do with emotional life. Read additional details here: patrick dwyer merrill lynch. The brightest people can sink in the dangers of unbridled passions and uncontrollable impulses, people with high IQ may be pilots incredibly bad about her private life. ” Goleman adds: “The non-academic intelligence offers virtually no preparation for disorders – or opportunities – that come with life. ” In this respect Paul Ekman says: “Our emotions guide us when it comes to facing difficult times and tasks that are too important to leave solely in the hands of the intellect: the dangers, the painful losses, the persistence of a goal despite setbacks, the links with a partner, forming a family. Each emotion offers a defined disposition to act, each one shows us a direction that has worked well to deal with repeated challenges of human life. ” In other words, emotion is not only a weakness as some people think, but rather a potential.
Our emotional strength that decides to what extent we will get to develop our innate abilities. “Emotional stability unleashes the ability” to create the platform on which to develop the talents and skills. Lacking emotional stability, also lack the internal environment, the inner strength, necessary to develop the skills and abilities that determine success. “Emotional competence is a meta-ability and determines how well we can use any other talent, including the pure intellect” (Daniel Goleman). Our feelings and desires are essential guides to successfully develop us in life, achieve goals, develop talents and natural abilities, feel satisfied, mastering the mental habits that promote our own productivity, and generally be more effective in our lives. On the contrary, our inability to build a stable and healthy emotional life, immersing us in infighting that sabotage our effectiveness in working life, work, social, and even our clarity of thought. Whether we admit or not, our decisions are largely driven by our emotions, in a healthy or unhealthy manner.