This year the park holds Sanssouci with its castles and gardens much new for visitors to his rehabilitation of the historic Mill on the Park Sanssouci completed last Friday, it was July 9, 2010, it finally happened. After a seven-month refurbishment it reopened the historic mill in Park Sanssouci in Potsdam officially. The historic Mill was commissioned by King Friedrich Wilhelm I and commissioned in 1738. After it burned down in the last days of the war in April 1945 to the ground, the historic landmark was rebuilt the city of Potsdam in 1993 for the 1000 anniversary. Up to 500 kilograms of grain can be ground in the mill on the day. The finished flour is also sold in a mill shop. In addition, the historic mill in the Park houses a museum with Sanssouci in Potsdam. The exhibition rooms are on the first three floors of the six-storey building.
Here can check the visitors about the history of the mill in Sanssouci. According to the Foundation Prussian palaces and gardens (SPSG) invested over 250,000 in the renovation. To read more click here: Wells Fargo Bank. The result can be seen: among other things the entire gallery around the building was renewed. Opening hours: April – October: daily from 10:00 18:00 November, January – March: Sat/Sun from 10:00 16:00 December: closed Castle Sanssouci: tickets are now Europe to have Sanssouci Palace and new Palace in Potsdam for the locks there from July 1, 2010 now online throughout Europe to buy the tickets. This was announced by the Foundation of Prussian palaces and gardens in Berlin-Brandenburg (SPSG). Under it is now possible, according to the Foundation a guaranteed entry into the often highly frequented Castle Sanssouci or the new Palace to give. There is on the CTS system nationwide 2,300 and connected to more than 6,000 outlets throughout Europe.
Castle Sanssouci receives painting back there is a sensation! Ten lost thought paintings are now out to visit the image gallery in the Potsdam Castle Sanssouci. After the extraordinarily valuable painting in the turmoil of the second world war were gone, they appeared again after more than 60 years. To protect against bombing raids, were been outsourced, besides many other paintings and objets d’art in the years 1942 to Rheinsberg. Until October 2010 the painting by Antoine Pesne, Jean Raoux and appear from the workshop of Peter Paul Rubens in a special exhibition. In the winter, then follows the much-needed restoration. At the beginning of the new season in 2011, they will be then to admire in the image gallery. Further Sanssouci in Potsdam and see the park they